2019 Children’s Short Story Competition
This competition has now closed
2019 Winner is Be Careful What You Wish For by Toby Adeney
For young writers in Grades 4 – 6 or Grades 7 – 9
All young writers are invited to enter.
The short story, maximum of 2000 words,
Due date for entries is August 31, 2019.
The winner will be announced 16 October, 2019.
The winner of each section will receive $100 each and their story will be published on StoryLinks.
Two other stories in each section may be awarded Highly Commended.
For teachers: if you would like to publicise this competition in your school here is a flyer with some details you can use story links book links comp 2019 (1)
Terms and conditions of entry:
- Entrants must give their name, address, age, school, grade email address and phone number.
- Contestants may enter only once.
- Maximum number of words 2000 words.
- Submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries must be submitted as an email attachment word document.
- The email (not the submission) should list: Name of author, Title/s of entry, Word count/s Contact Details, & email address.
- Each page should be numbered with the title in a header. Author details must not appear on these pages.
- Entries should be in Times New Roman at 12 point double spaced.
- Entries should not have won any other competition at the time of entry and should not have been published in any form.
- Entries must be the original work of the author and submission acknowledges that information relating to this competition has been read, that it is understood, and all conditions are met.
- Entries that have been submitted to this competition previously should not be resubmitted.
- The judge/s reserve the right to not award prize money if none of the entries fulfil all set criteria, and/or do not meet the quality sought by the judging panel.
- Competition opens 9th June, 2019 and closes midnight August 31, 2019.
- Copyright remains with the author with first publication rights to StoryLinks.
- Failure to abide by the rules will result in an entry being rejected.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into
Send all entries c/o email@example.com