Terms and conditions of entry please read carefully.
Failure to comply may result in your entry being disqualified.
- Entries should be a short story, maximum of 1500 words, suitable for children of any age up to 15 years old.
- Entrants may enter as many stories as they like provided they have never been published before. Each entry must be entered separately with a separate email.
- Submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries must be submitted in an email attachment as a word document or PDF. No other format will be accepted.
- The subject line of the email must be in this format: ‘Title of the Short Story’ followed by the words ‘StoryLinks Short Story 2022’
- The body of the email should list: Name of author, Title of entry, Word count, Contact Details, confirmation that you are resident in Australia or are an Australian citizen living overseas & email address.
- Each page should be numbered with the title in a header. Author details must not appear on these pages.
- Entries should be in Times New Roman at 12 point double spaced.
- Entries should not have won any other competition at the time of entry and should not have been published in any form.
- Entries must be the original work of the author and submission acknowledges that information relating to this competition has been read, that it is understood, and all conditions are met.
- Entries that have been submitted to this competition previously should not be resubmitted.
- The judge/s reserve the right to not award prize money if none of the entries fulfill all set criteria, and/or do not meet the quality sought by the judging panel. Competition opens 1 February 2023 and closes midnight 2 April 2023.
- Copyright remains with the author with first publication rights to StoryLinks.
- Failure to abide by the rules will result in an entry being rejected.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.